I am trying to get the dotNetInstaller to download files to a user-defined location and install them from there.
To this end I have:
1) added a Browse control to the control panel that sets a USERDIR parameter
2) modified the download components to place the files in [USERDIR]
3) run the installation from [USERDIR]
However, when running the .exe the following seems to happen (based on the log file)
- The user interface creates the USERDIR variable correctly
2010-03-22 16:00:06 -- Adding 'browse' control, id=USERDIR, text='C:\DOCUME~1\mikec\LOCALS~1\Temp', font=MS Shell Dlg (9 pt.), left=220, top=180, width=225, height=20
2010-03-22 16:00:06 -- Adding 'label' control, text='Download path:', font=MS Shell Dlg (9 pt.), left=130, top=183, width=80, height=20
2010-03-22 16:00:09 --- Setting user-defined value USERDIR=C:\DOCUME~1\mikec\LOCALS~1\Temp
- the files are downloaded to a folder "[USERDIR]" in the same folder as the .exe
- The msi component fails to find the downloaded msi file
Am I doing the the correct way and have hit a bug? Should I be doing this a completely different way?