The specified network name is no longer available

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Using 1.8.7120.0
Windows 7 Prof. x64

I get this message 90% of the time. I have to continuously build and then eventually I do not get the message.

Creating x86
InstallerLinker: dotNetInstaller Packager (1.8.7120.0)

Creating "C:\WBDOTNET\Development\wbDotNet35\Scheduler\Plugins\TMSMgrPlugIn\BLDI
NST\Installation\WBI_TMSMGRPI_7.0.5.0_x86_SETUP.exe" from "C:\WBDOTNET\Build\Ins
tall\Installer\dotNetInstaller.exe"
Embedding banner "C:\WBDOTNET\Build\Install\Installer\banner.bmp"
Embedding configuration "C:\WBDOTNET\Development\wbDotNet35\Scheduler\Plugins\TM
SMgrPlugIn\BLDINST\TMSMGRPI_x86_Setup.xml"
ERROR: The specified network name is no longer available

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Also I get another message.

I have already verified that all the files required by DotNetInstaller in the Config and in the command exists

Creating "C:\WBDOTNET\Development\wbDotNet35\Scheduler\Plugins\TMSMgrPlugIn\BLDI
NST\Installation\WBI_TMSMGRPI_7.0.5.0_x64_SETUP.exe" from "C:\WBDOTNET\Build\Ins
tall\Installer\dotNetInstaller.exe"
Embedding banner "C:\WBDOTNET\Build\Install\Installer\banner.bmp"
Embedding configuration "C:\WBDOTNET\Development\wbDotNet35\Scheduler\Plugins\TM
SMgrPlugIn\BLDINST\TMSMGRPI_x64_Setup.xml"
ERROR: The system cannot open the device or file specified

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Can you please upgrade to 1.9 and see if this is still reproducible. These are all issues related to CABing and I fixed a number of problems, including, I think, this one.

Apr 2, 2010 at 10:51 AM

That seems to have helped although I did get the same error once. I will post agian if there are continued issues.

Thanks

Apr 5, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Same issue.

I need to run several times before I get a valid build

InstallerLinker: dotNetInstaller Packager (1.9.5931.0)

Creating "C:\WBDOTNET\Development\wbDotNet35\Scheduler\BLDINST\Installation\WBI_
SCHEDULER_PLUGINS_7.1.0.0_x64_SETUP.exe" from "C:\WBDOTNET\Build\Install\Install
er\dotNetInstaller.exe"
Updating binary attributes in "C:\WBDOTNET\Development\wbDotNet35\Scheduler\BLDI
NST\Installation\WBI_SCHEDULER_PLUGINS_7.1.0.0_x64_SETUP.exe"
 CompanyName: Window Book, Inc.
 LegalTrademarks: Window Book
 ProductName: Window Book Scheduler (x64) Setup
 LegalCopyright: Copyright c Window Book 1998-2010
 FileVersion: 7.0.13.0
Embedding icon "C:\WBDOTNET\Build\Install\Installer\Install.ico"
 32x32
ERROR: The specified network name is no longer available
Press any key to continue . . .

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2010 at 6:35 PM

There's got to be a handle leak or something like that here. If it's true, a reboot delays the problem and then after a certain time it would come back.

Since I don't have a repro, I would need your help finding out which exac call this error is coming from - get dotnetinstaller source code and build the debug version of InstallerLinker.exe / InstallerLib.dll. Then just swap yours for the debug build for a while. On a failure it will print out the call stack.

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:43 PM

When creating the EXE from the Installer Editor I get this if this helps

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot open the device or file specified
   at Vestris.ResourceLib.Resource.SaveTo(String filename, ResourceId type, ResourceId name, UInt16 lang, Byte[] data)
   at Vestris.ResourceLib.Resource.SaveTo(String filename, ResourceId type, ResourceId name, UInt16 langid)
   at Vestris.ResourceLib.Resource.SaveTo(String filename)
   at Vestris.ResourceLib.DirectoryResource`1.SaveTo(String filename)
   at InstallerLib.InstallerLinker.CreateInstaller(InstallerLinkerArguments args)
   at InstallerEditor.MakeExe.btMake_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Apr 5, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Could be I don't know what I am doing but

Version.h and GlobalAssemblyInfo.cs are missing in the archive

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Those are generated on the command line. You need MSBuild Community Tasks 1.3.

Run "build all" from the command line, see if there're any errors.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I don't have NUnit installed.

Could you please just send me the executables compiled in debug mode to sprovencher@windowbook.com

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I have moved my installer building back to XP SP3 from Windows 7 Professional and all seems fine. Might be some timeout issues as Windows 7 examines files during processing because everything runs about twice as fast on XP.