Wrong message displayed on uninstall?

Jun 21, 2010 at 7:02 PM

When DNI finishes installing my stuff, it correctly shows a message box that my stuff was installed successfully, using the text in the "Installation Completed" text. 

But if I run the same setup program a second time, DNI/MSI knows that my stuff is already installed, and MSI pops up the standard "change, repair, or remove" dialog. 
If I select "remove" it will uninstall my stuff, then DNI tells me that "My Stuff was successfully installed" (which means it is using the "Installation completed" text.  Shouldn't it use the "Uninstall completed" text instead?  ("I have 'My stuff was successfully uninstalled" specified for this field.)

How can I change this behavior?

Thanks

Greg

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I am guessing that you're running your installer as a complete command. Then it just runs every time and DNI has no way of knowing whether your application is installed or not. It's a compromise, if you want a better message you have to move your component into an actual component with an installed condition (you might loose some other behavior that you wanted earlier).

Jun 21, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Hey DB - I think that is a little more than a "guess"!  That's precisely what I'm doing, so I'll look into reorganizing this properly.  Thanks.