Edited Jul 8, 2010 at 4:07 PM

I made a change to the configuration file specifically Return Codes,

Switched Old values

returncodes_reboot = 3010

returncodes_sucess = <empty>

To New values

returncodes_reboot = <empty>

returncodes_sucess = 3010

saved the configuration from the editor and reopened it back and created a new setup (did this couple of times) but each time I see the built setup does not have the new values and causes a reboot instead.  Here is the statement in the log file showing that it still has the old values in there:

Component 'CustomXYZ.msu' return code '3010, defined as reboot required in '3010.

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Works fine when I use the InstallerLinker to build instead of the editor. That works for me!

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:11 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Looks like a bug.

• What exact version of dotNetInstaller?
  • What type of component are you changing this in (msi, cmd, etc.)?
  • When you change, save, then reload the configuration, do you see wrong values (ie. changes were not applied/saved)?
Jul 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2010 at 3:15 PM
  • Build 1.10.9437.0
  • msu
  • When I save, reload the config, the new values were applied and all seems well but I were to build a new setup.exe, it still uses the old values. 
Jul 15, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Am I understanding this correctly - if you make the change and DON'T save the file, then do Make Exe, you don't get the changes?

That's just bad design on our part - the dialog shouldn't ask you for a configuration file to use to generate an EXE, it should use whatever is in the editor (http://dotnetinstaller.codeplex.com/workitem/6604).