Install an msi component depending on user selection

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM
Hello, I'm working a boostrapper that will provide the user with a number of msi that can be installed. One of them, for example, is Tomboy (http://projects.gnome.org/tomboy/). In order to be able to install Tomboy on a windows machine GtkSharp has to be installed. As you might already know GtkSharp is a very heavy library and I will like to avoid installing it unless the user decides to select Tomboy. Is there a possibility to add a condition to the execution of a component that relies on the selection made by the user? If this is possible, can the component be hidden in the UI? I believe that there is currently no way to do this, nevertheless I prefer to ask first. If I'm right and this is not possible, do you mind if I contribute to the project with such a feature, I'm sure my employer will be more than happy to contribute with the project. Kr, Manuel
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2010 at 6:52 PM

All patches/features are welcome.

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:07 AM
Thanks for you answer. I'll start working on it as soon as I can. Do you mind letting me know if you have some kind of documentation for contributors and a way of communication like IRC or a mailing list? Thanks again, Manuel
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2010 at 12:15 PM

The CHM file contains a page on contributing, setting up a development environment, etc. Use this discussions list, there's no special mailing list for developers.