Installed Check Types documentation question

Jul 29, 2010 at 3:54 PM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 3:55 PM
I am just starting to use dotNetInstalle and wondering the following: e.g. for check_file the docu says (and similar at the other checks): version Check whether the version of the file is greater or equal to the check value. version_ge Check whether the version of the file is greater or equal than the check value. so, what is the difference? In the docu the difference is just equal to/than, which is the same for me. So whats the difference in usage? If there is no I would suggest to remove one for the case of avoiding doubled code, but I may have misunderstood something.
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2010 at 9:32 PM

It's there for compatibility reasons and to avoid mental twists. dotNetInstaller used to only have "version" check, then the specific ones were added.

It behaves as the version would behave and it's really version_ge, but I don't want users having a mental breakdown when they think about it ;)

Aug 2, 2010 at 7:11 AM
compatiblity reasons was my second thought after wondering why this really looks like a double entry.... (so actually this confused me a little bit). I can live with it, was just wondering if it was intentional or not. May be it's a tweak for the documentation to mention that this entries are the same.