Product is installed alert box

Aug 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM
Edited Aug 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Hi,

I'm using 2.0 to preinstall .NET 4.0 prior to running an on complete command to launch my MSI. I've set auto_close_if_installed to true, however I always get an alert when running the bootstrapper saying the product is already installed. How do I get rid of this?

BTW I do have a working Installed Check in place for the .NET 4.0 component.

Thanks,

Mike

Aug 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM

I found the answer is the remove the translation text which is stated as required. Maybe this is a bug? Anyway the dialog is no longer appearing!

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2010 at 12:21 PM

This works as designed. If you specify the text, it shows, if you don't, it doesn't.

Sep 11, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Shouldn't the text be marked as optional in that case? I'd expect things to break if you omit "required" text.

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2010 at 1:32 AM

The required fields were all wrong in 1.9, some had (REQUIRED) in the description and some didn't. This one was a mistake.

I made a commit just a few days ago that introduced some more robust way of declaring something required. The next build will have this. Required components get a * next to them and you can't clear the value in installer editor. I checked installation_none, it's now set correctly to be optional.

Let me know if you find any other fields that are wrong starting next build. Thx.