replace checkboxes with green tick/red cross

Aug 24, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Hi, would it be much work to replace the checked/unchecked check boxes with a green tick or a red cross (obviously depending on the component installed state and required_install set to True?

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 2:44 PM

In dotNetInstaller that would mean painting bitmaps over the checkboxes. You'll need to write quite a bit of C++, embed a different bitmap, etc. 

You might want to try 2.0 htmlInstaller - I believe this can be done via CSS.

Aug 25, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Looked at htmlInstaller - fantastic bit of work!

Much more modern UI and customizable...

Sorry, but any pointers on the CSS for changing checkboxes to bitmaps?

Thanks again,

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2010 at 10:35 AM

You'll have to do the research. htmlInstaller uses HTMLayoutSDK, there's a forum that's pretty helpful and active with a lot of similar questions. Post what you find here.

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I've now got the CSS but I can only display different bitmaps (tick/cross) depending on whether the component is checked or disabled, rather than the actual install state at runtime...

#content #components widget[disabled="true"]
{
	background-image:url('red_cross_icon2.jpg');
	background-position: left center;
}

#content #components widget[disabled="false"]
{
	background-image:url('green_tick_icon2.jpg');
	background-position: left center;
}

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM

http://terrainformatica.com/forums/topic.php?id=390&page&replies=3

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here, but that doesn't help me display different bitmaps depending on the install state of the component (rather than where the checkbox is checked or not)...

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Oh duh. My bad. I created a feature request to add an installed="true/false" property to the node. Then you can do the same thing as with disabled in the CSS. It should be trivial to implement.

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Try the latest 2.0 build (2.0.4628.0), it has two new attributes in those nodes: installed and required. You should be able to do a CSS switch for that. Post here if it works, and maybe even with a screenshot? :)

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:00 PM

thanks, they work great... (i tried but aren't as familiar with the code obviously)..

might have found a problem with 2.0 ... if I create a web setup config, when I run htmlInstaller, it crashes...?

problem with generating the downloaddialog?

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:15 PM

fixed the crash by inserting a call to CreateInstallWindow in ConfigFileManager::OnDownload, although I;m not sure what "title" should be set to because whatever I try, doesn't seem to be displayed anyway...

so it works but the initial status is set to "Sending request..."

any ideas?

thanks,

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM

There're a few problems in this code that aren't trivial. I'm looking into it.

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2010 at 7:02 PM

I've committed a fix @ rev. 54979 that should fix the download problem and properly report errors when a download fails (it used to crash with that). Titles come from configuration's download dialog for the reference configuration download and there's a download window that appears just to download the reference config. Looks like you're compiling the code, give it a shot, let me know the next set of problems in a new thread. Thx.

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2010 at 7:05 PM
rowbot wrote:

thanks, they work great... (i tried but aren't as familiar with the code obviously).. 

Mind adding a section to the HTML installer doc about how to do that? Documentation\Content\htmlInstaller.aml.