Download dialog Cancel button doesn't cancel...

Sep 1, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Hi, the Download dialog Cancel button doesn't work (works if the download has been started, but not if it hasn't).

CDownloadDialog::DownloadCancel()?

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Which version are you using?

I cannot reproduce with 1.10. If you look at the code, DownloadCancel posts a Close message to the dialog if download hasn't started. If you can, maybe you can post your configuration?

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Yeah, started to look at the code but got distracted by some other stuff...

Using editor 1.10.1525.0, if I create a noddy web setup config (only change is to disable autostartdownload) I can reproduce....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configurations lcid_type="UserExe" show_language_selector="False" language_selector_title="" language_selector_ok="OK" language_selector_cancel="Cancel" configuration_no_match_message="" ui_level="full" fileversion="" productversion="" log_enabled="False" log_file="#TEMPPATH\dotNetInstallerLog.txt">
  <schema version="1.10.1525.0" generator="dotNetInstaller InstallerEditor" />
  <configuration type="reference" lcid_filter="" language_id="" language="" os_filter="" os_filter_min="" os_filter_max="" processor_architecture_filter="" supports_install="True" supports_uninstall="True">
    <configfile filename="#TEMPPATH\APPLICATION_NAME\configuration.xml" />
    <downloaddialog dialog_caption="COMPONENT_NAME - Download Components" dialog_message="Press 'Start' to download the required components for installing COMPONENT_NAME." dialog_message_downloading="Downloading ..." dialog_message_copying="Copying ..." dialog_message_connecting="Connecting ..." dialog_message_sendingrequest="Sending request ..." autostartdownload="False" buttonstart_caption="Start" buttoncancel_caption="Cancel">
      <download componentname="Download File" sourceurl="http://www.yourwebsite.com/SetupX/Setup.exe" sourcepath="" destinationpath="#TEMPPATH\APP_TEMP_DOWNLOADPATH" destinationfilename="" alwaysdownload="True" clear_cache="False" />
    </downloaddialog>
  </configuration>
</configurations>
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I swear I tried with dotNetInstaller and htmlInstaller of the same version and I can't reproduce. (You're using dotNetInstaller, not htmlInstaller, right?). Put this under a debugger and step through the code. What's happening when you hit the Cancel button?