Avoid Uninstall

Sep 20, 2010 at 8:36 PM

My setup package need reboots, but I noticed that after a reboot dotNetInstaller detects the installed components and uninstalls them with this message "All components installed, switching to uninstall."

How can I force it to avoid uninstalling?

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2010 at 11:22 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2010 at 11:22 PM

It's a silly feature. Filed a feature request to make it optional. Feel free to implement it ;)

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Not sure why that would be a silly feature. Cloud infrastructures these days specifically have support for running executables to prep your VM's and this scenario fits the bill where the setup needs to be self aware when its done rather than trigger an uninstall when it comes back from the final reboot.

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2010 at 11:16 AM
spjacob wrote:

Not sure why that would be a silly feature. Cloud infrastructures these days specifically have support for running executables to prep your VM's and this scenario fits the bill where the setup needs to be self aware when its done rather than trigger an uninstall when it comes back from the final reboot.

Exactly. I meant that the feature that I have implemented in dotNetInstaller (switching automatically to uninstall when all components are installed) is silly, not your suggestion :)

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Gotcha...sorry my bad :)

May 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I have the same problem.
Any suggestion on how to workaround this until the new "feature" is implemented (which doesn't seem to happen)?

Thx