Invalid Processor Architecture

Dec 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Hello, 

First time using the tool and ran into an issue and I haven't been able to find an answer in the discussions or the documentation. 

I have built a new configuration file, and attached 2 MSIs (SQL Native Client, and our application) and 1 EXE (.NET Framework 3.5). 

This  so far has worked great on our Windows XP SP3 test machine.  But when i attempt to run the exe on a Windows 7 x64 machine i get the following error

Invalid Processor Architecture X64. 

Is there an option I am not selecting?

Dec 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Was actually able to come up with a solution shortly after the post. 

First off I didnt describe the problem 100%. 

There are 3 MSIs and 1 EXE. I have added the 64bit as well as the 32bit version of the SQL native client into my project file. 

When the 32Bit version of SQL Native Client is listed first on the tree, the application will throw and error. But when i pushed the 64bit Version up and made it the first node on the tree the installer works fine on both the 32 and 64 bit OS. 

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2010 at 11:03 PM

What is actually throwing this error? Is it the execution of the SQL Native Client installer? If so, it probably shouldn't be run on a 64-bit system, which can be achieved with a processor_architecture_filter option.

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:54 PM

The error would appear as soon as I clicked on the dotNetInstaller.exe. 

I had the 64 bit version filtered out when running the application on a 32 bit OS, as well as the 32 bit version hidden when running on a 64 bit OS. 

SQL Native Client 32bit was listed first on the installation tree

SQL Native Client 64bit was listed second on the installation tree. 

As soon as I moved the 64bit version to be listed as the first MSI on the installation tree (left panel). The application stopped crashing. 

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Post a log file please. You can run dotnetinstaller.exe /log /logfile install.log to make one without any configuration changes.