Installer not closing after installing 3 MSIs.

Jan 29, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I've got three seperate apps I want to install together. 

There is a Driver installer, a client peice that runs as a tray app and the main application.

For one the default wording seems to refer to the compents as prerequisites, is there a way to designate one of the pieces as the main application (so it doesn't show up in the list of things it's about to install)?

My biggest issue is that it doesn't seem to want to close when it's installing.  It gives me a completed message and then just goes back to the main screen.

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2011 at 11:04 PM

There's no special way to designate one of the components as an application, we simply edit the wording to say "the following stuff will be installed". 

Check the auto_close_if_installed option in the configuration. Otherwise examine the dotNetInstaller log (/log /logfile install.log), maybe there was an error and it wasn't raised?

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I didn't have an install check at all.  ooops.

Added the check, put in the upgrade codes and version numbers and it started working the way I expected.

Is there anyway to automate the version number portion?

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM

We pre-process our configuration.xml with a TemplateFile MSBuild task and then generate the bootstrapper based on that. I wrote about it here sometime ago.