What is "APPLICATION_NAME" is already installed" window?

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Hello.

I have created a very simple installer with a language selection meny and two targets for different language. All works fine, but after language is selected following window pops up (even on clear windows install that don't have ANYTHING installed):

screenshot

Why this window is here and what can i do to remove it?

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2011 at 10:58 PM

This is the installation_none message. You can change it or clear it in the configuration not to see this message when all the components are already installed.

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Your real problem is probably that your components don't have proper install checks, so the bootstrapper thinks that everything is installed.

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:37 AM

Thanks! I have cleard text for installation_completed and installation_none and now all works superb without any exceeding dialogs :).

BTW, i ave checked source code, language menu always shows first item. Maybe it's a good idea to select an item according to selected LCID method? AFAIK, commercial bootstrapper in InstallShield does exactly this for language menu: it attempts to get "current language" and selects appropriate item, if any. 

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2011 at 12:31 PM
eyeofhell wrote:

BTW, i ave checked source code, language menu always shows first item. Maybe it's a good idea to select an item according to selected LCID method? AFAIK, commercial bootstrapper in InstallShield does exactly this for language menu: it attempts to get "current language" and selects appropriate item, if any. 

That's a good idea. Can you please create a feature request? Feel free to implement it ;)

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Thanks. Do you want a patch against trunk or against branch?

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Trunk.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Done against trunk revision 60933:

http://dotnetinstaller.codeplex.com/workitem/8277

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2011 at 4:29 PM

I applied the patch but it was borderline :) Next time, try to build the code in a way that's unit-testable (eg. add a function to configurations that tells you which LCID should be the default), write a unit test and edit documentation and what's new html. 

Thx
dB.