File browse dialog in dotNetInstaller

Feb 15, 2011 at 6:05 PM

I am using dni to create setup for my application. The setup checks and installs SQL Server as one of the prerequisite for my application. This is all working greate. Due to business requirements, embedding SQL Server exe is increasing the size of setup file around 1GB.

What i would like to do is, the setup would first check if SQL Server is installed on target machine. If SQL Server setup file is available at the same location from where the dni exe is launched, it will continue to install SQL Server. If its not present at same location, it should open a File browse dialog prompting user to locate the SQLServer setup file.

Is this possible using dni. Kindly advice.
Thanks in advance.

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Any suggestions on this feature please?

Feb 18, 2011 at 2:33 PM

HELP please!
Can someone please suggest if its possible to display a file browse dialog from dni. I am really in need of this feature.

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2011 at 5:12 PM

The prompting for a file location doesn't exist, but downloading conditionally does. So you could do everything you describe, except that if the local SQL server installer isn't available (packaged), it would be downloaded from your website or a Microsoft server (you pick).

If you want a popup instead of a download, it would be a pretty sizable feature to implement. Feel free to create a feature request.