Strange behavior with reboot and uninstall

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Hi

Here's my scenario: I have a bootstarpper that installs 2 msi. The second one has the "mustreboot" property set to true.

Every msi has "Support_uninstall" and "Selected_uninstall"  set to true.

I have also the properties "auto_continue_on_reboot" and "auto_start" set to false.

The installation process is ok, but when I logon after reboot, the bootstrapper automatically starts again, trying to uninstall both previously installed components.

Is there a way to stop this happening (I use the bootstrapper in silent mode)? Any Ideas?

Thx.

P.S: I've found your article about uninstall. Should I make a separate bootstrapper that uninstall these components? My goal is to have a single one that handes install and uninstall process (called with /i and /x params)

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2011 at 3:07 PM

I think that you're a victim of automatic switch from install to uninstall, and so it's a bug. The component that required the reboot was the last one, and after a reboot it shouldn't need to do anything, except confirm that everything is installed.

You shouldn't need to make a separate bootstrapper for uninstall.

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2011 at 3:08 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.