Setting language parameter in the bootstrapper call

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Hi,

Here is my scenario: I have a mutliligual bootstrapper (with show_language_selector set to "true"). Is it possible to add some parameters to the setup.exe call to launch the bootstrapper in the preferred language (perhaps, something like setup.exe /CompleteCommandArgs "lcid=1040") so that the Select Language dialog could be skipped?

Regards,

Swann

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2011 at 12:22 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2011 at 12:24 PM

What's your scenario for this? If it's testing, then you should be doing an unattended install with /qb, which will skip the language dialog. Unfortunately or fortunately this will also automatically select the language, but not the one you specify ;)

I created a feature request.

Mar 25, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Even the feature request is not from me but I also have the same one: Use case is I have a dotNetInstaller which is called once from a CD Browser with passing a language and the other time directly with the need for "Select Language dialog"

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:13 AM

I also think that this feature can significantly enhance deployment of multiligual packages (InstallShield bootstrappers support this functionality since mid of 90th). Will it be possible to add it to DNI 2.0?

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I wouldn't count on any promise from me about new features. Certainly feel free to implement it and submit a patch. This one is not very hard.