status_installed and status_notinstalled

Apr 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I'm using dotNetInstaller to build installer with prerequisites included. I'm confused how status_installed/status_notinstalled fields  work?

I have three components (all set required_install = True) and two of them are prerequisites. If I set status_installed="Installed" and status_notinstalled="Required" in the root "install:" node, it would apply to all child components like this:

[checked] Component 1 (Required)

[checked] Component 2 (Required)

[checked] MySoftware (Required)

But I don't want MySoftware display "Required" text even if it's not installed. Then I leave those fields as "blank" at the root component and try setting them for each components. But all "Required" text disappear:

[checked] Component 1

[checked] Component 2

[checked] MySoftware

My expectation is:

[checked] Component 1 (Required)

[checked] Component 2 (Required)

[checked] MySoftware

Any one could show me how to overcome this?

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2011 at 10:20 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM

It's a bug. Fixed it at rev. 64399, try build 2.0.4400.0 please.

May 4, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Could you verify against the bug fixed (#8697)?

I have download the build 2.0.4400.0 and tried with samples included (e.g. StandaloneSetup). I modified the configuration.xml by setting status_installed/status_notinstalled at ":install" node to _blank. Then I set those properties for SampleApp 1.0.0.0 component:

status_installed= (Installed)

status_notinstalled= (Required)

But the result is not expected. The SampleApp 1.0.0.0 shows (Installed) status although it's not installed. Thus, it should be (Required) status.

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 2:25 PM

That's probably a different issue. Can you attach a log file please (before sending it, check what it says for the install condition)?

May 5, 2011 at 3:46 AM

I've just figured out a strange behavior. As said, I set properties for SampleApp 1.0.0.0, then saved and closed Installer editor.

status_notinstalled= (Required)

When I reopen the configuration.xml and those properties are loaded like below:

status_notinstalled= (Installed)

Is it possible to cause the error as raised? Btw, I can not see any place/button to attach the references.

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
May 5, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Oh good catch! Fixed and uploaded a new build (2.0.4877.0). Hopefully that's it - try it.

May 6, 2011 at 3:28 AM

Great. It works well now. Thanks!