Html installer fails to restart

May 3, 2011 at 7:37 AM

Hi,

I  have tried to use htmlInstaller (Build 2.0.4400.0), but  face the problem with automatic restart. The installation is not automatically restarted after Windows restart even it is configured so. The same configuration restarts correctly with 1.10 version. Is there any fix coming / work around for the problem? 

//Tivi

May 3, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Another thing with htmlInstaller. There are three configurations in my installation and if I press close in the first, it will open the second. If I press there close it will open the third. In non-html version pressing close in the first one closes the whole installation which is what I except. Any suggestion for work around / fix?

Coordinator
May 3, 2011 at 1:10 PM

For the restart problem: both htmlInstaller and dotNetInstaller use the same engine. So this is rather a problem between 1.10 vs. 2.0. In 2.0 there were some changes to avoid running the bootstrapper elevated upon reboot - can you please run the installer with a log and attach that to a new bug here. Check whether it's writing anything to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and what that command line is.

File a bug for the close problem attaching your configuration.