How to close setup automatically after successful install.

May 30, 2011 at 7:55 AM

Hello,

I'm using dotnetinstaller 2.0 I created my setup package setup.exe which is packed with a .msi

When I run the setup.exe I choose install, decompresses then runs the .msi and I go ahead and do my typical install once I press finish it closes the msi setup successfully. But the main setup.exe dotnetinstaller stays open after it says Setup Installed Successfully! I press okay and I have to press close to close the dotnetinstaller.

What command on the editor do I need to adjust!

Thanks in advance

James

May 30, 2011 at 11:33 AM

auto_close_if_installed="True"

May 30, 2011 at 8:54 PM

I have set that to TRUE and it still doesn't close after it says "Application installed successfully!" = (installcompletemessage)

May 30, 2011 at 10:04 PM

This probably means that oyu don't have proper installed checks for the application/component that you're trying to install.

May 30, 2011 at 10:43 PM

What component field do I need to set for that. So this way when the application finishes installing and the user sees the "Application Installed Successfully!" Dialog, which when they press OK to close the whole setup.

That would be nice :) I'm no expert, I just used and read the tutorial of the donet just yesterday, still learning but it is a great packacer, works great otherwise!

Thank you for your time for this!

May 31, 2011 at 1:16 AM

You need an installed check under your component that avoids DNI to think that the component is already installed. There's a tutorial in the help file that I think you might want to follow. 

Jun 3, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Thank you! Worked like a champ!