prompt dialog under wix passive mode will restart computer automatically

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:50 AM
Edited Oct 20, 2011 at 9:54 AM

I imported 2 MSIs inside bootstrapper, I set MSI component option mustreboot and must_reboot_required to false, sometimes MSI will prompt user to restart computer, messaage in  reboot_required option will popup. (also I set cmdparameters with /norestart, otherwise it will prompt to restart for 2 times).

The problem is in this case if we launch bootstrapper with silent or passive mode, it will automatically restart the computer without any information.  Could I have some way to avoid restart computer?

Thanks

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:49 AM

I check the source code of DNI and found that in silent mode the default behavior of reboot_required messagebox is YES, also once MSIEXEC return code is ERROR_SUCCESS_REBOOT_REQUIRED, DNI will surely popup reboot_required messagebox,

this means we have no choice to avoid to restart computer at silent mode, right? Are there some switch which can help me to avoid this auto-restart?

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Silent mode means no dialogs, that's sort of the purpose of silent mode :) 

There's a command line parameter, /noreboot, do not actually reboot Windows even if a reboot was required by a component or the user chooses to reboot when prompted

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:15 AM

I really did not find /noreboot parameter in DNI 1.10, I check the source code and only find /reboot, what does /noreboot come from?

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Yep, it's a 2.0 feature.

#6786: Added /noreboot to the bootstrapper to suppress actual reboot when required. Bootstrapper will simply return a 3010 exit code in this case.