How to hide gui when .net is already installed

Nov 24, 2011 at 12:56 AM

I want to use this software to check for .Net 3.51 then if not present pop a window to prompt the user to install once installed the window should disapear and my msi is run using the appopriate command to install minor upgrades:

msiexec /i SampleUpgrade.msi REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=vomus
As of now I always see the GUI.  I also don't see how I set the command line for the msi.  Any help would be appreaciated.
Nov 24, 2011 at 5:44 PM

With DNI, you will have to see some GUI unless you run in silent mode. It will auto-close if everything is installed, but you'll have to see it. 

Nov 24, 2011 at 6:26 PM

If I understand you correctly you can do this using the "complete_command", I do something similar. I use dni to install all the dependencies for my project and then just launch MSI. 

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:01 PM
I don't quite understand how the dni uses checks. I get the complete_command. I got that to work but then the installer was either built as an upgrade only or new install. I want to have one setup that launches my msi with different commands based on the check. So...any chance you could create a mock configuration.xml file and post it here?

On 11/24/2011 11:26 AM, nsleightholm wrote:

If I understand you correctly you can do this using the "complete_command", I do something similar. I use dni to install all the dependencies for my project and then just launch MSI.

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

>>  I want to have one setup that launches my msi with different commands based on the check.

I am afraid that isn't what I do, my install checks for the pre-reqs then simply runs my MSI without any context, my MSI checks whether it is an upgrade or not.

Nov 25, 2011 at 1:18 AM
How do you do that? Your MSI won't even be called? You will get the
dreaded 'already installed error' before your MSI is even executed?

On 11/24/2011 3:07 PM, nsleightholm wrote:
>
> From: nsleightholm
>
> >> I want to have one setup...
>
Jan 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Sorry I never replied, just for completeness there is my answer.

You will only get that warning if that is how your upgrade mechanism is setup in the MSI. Mine all support upgrades, if you run the install a second time repair mode will be launched.