htmlinstaller component status display

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Edited Jan 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Sorry if this is a simple question but i cant seem to find anything in the documentation to achieve this feature in htmlinstaller.

I want to display the "installing_component_wait" message on the htmlinstaller display. This message displays automatically when using the dotnetinstaller.exe but not in the htmlinstaller.exe.

I have tried the "status" id property but this only brings up a "sending request" message. Is it possible to display on screen which component is being installed as in dotnetinstaller.exe. Essentially, i want to display what is being installed as displayed by the progress bar.

Also, when only installing 1 component out of 3 (the other 2 prerequisites have been installed) the progress bar doesnt complete all the way to the end. I dont imagine this to be a bug in an open source product release for this length of time. Is this another configuration issue?

Thanks for the help.

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2012 at 3:28 PM

It's not possible out of the box today, but it's definitely implementable. Feel free to create a feature request and submit patches.

Jan 6, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Edited Jan 6, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I have found a workaround that will suit me until something more specific is created. This workaround will use the "status" widget/ css identifier as mentioned in original post, however, simply updating the "dialog_message_sendingrequest" property of the "Download Dialog" from "Sending Request" to something like "installing my component .." gives me the desired result requested above. Obviously, its not the ideal solution but i will use as a short term measure to get me up and running. I just wanted a visual display at what is being installed next.

The progress bar question is more interesting. The first 2 components to install are preprequisites for the 3rd component. The 3rd component would auto start after successful installation. It appears this auto start prevented the progress bar from completing all the way to the end. At the moment i dont know whether this is a bug or again a configuration issue. I will continue to investigate and post anything that will be useful to someone else.