Registry check does not seem to be working

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I've got a bootstrapper that checks the registry to ensure that required components are not already installed.  Other checks are working fine, but I have one that isn't--it checks the registry to see if a value exists, and if it does the component is not supposed to install.  But the registry entry does exist, and the component installs anyway.  Here's the offending component:

<component package="#CABPATH\extensibilityMSM.msi" cmdparameters="" cmdparameters_silent="" cmdparameters_basic="" uninstall_package="" uninstall_cmdparameters="/qb-" uninstall_cmdparameters_silent="/qn" uninstall_cmdparameters_basic="/qb-" disable_wow64_fs_redirection="False" id="extensibilityMSM.msi" display_name="ExtensibilityMSM Hotfix Install" uninstall_display_name="" os_filter="" os_filter_min="" os_filter_max="" os_filter_lcid="" type="msi" installcompletemessage="" uninstallcompletemessage="" mustreboot="False" reboot_required="" must_reboot_required="False" failed_exec_command_continue="" allow_continue_on_error="True" default_continue_on_error="False" required_install="True" required_uninstall="True" selected_install="True" selected_uninstall="True" note="" processor_architecture_filter="" status_installed="" status_notinstalled="" supports_install="True" supports_uninstall="True" show_progress_dialog="True" show_cab_dialog="True">
  <installedcheck path="Interface\{000C0601-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" fieldname="" fieldvalue="" defaultvalue="False" fieldtype="REG_SZ" comparison="exists" rootkey="HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" wowoption="NONE" type="check_registry_value" description="Hotfix Check" />
  <downloaddialog dialog_caption="ExtensibilityMSM Hotfix - Download" dialog_message="Press 'Start' to download the ExtensibilityMSM hotfix for .NET 2.0 (required)." dialog_message_downloading="Downloading ..." dialog_message_copying="Copying ..." dialog_message_connecting="Connecting ..." dialog_message_sendingrequest="Sending request ..." autostartdownload="True" buttonstart_caption="Start" buttoncancel_caption="Cancel">
    <download componentname="Download File" sourceurl="http://www.windward.net/downloads/beta/kb/extensibilityMSM.msi.msi" sourcepath="" destinationpath="#CABPATH" destinationfilename="extensibilityMSM.msi" alwaysdownload="True" clear_cache="False" />
  </downloaddialog>
</component>

I've looked in regedit and the entry certainly exists (see the screenshot I've linked below).  What am I doing wrong?

http://windward.net/temp/registry_exists.png

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Can you post the log file from the install? It should tell you what it's trying to access and what it's finding...

/log /logfile install.log