Differentiate between successful install and app. installed?

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Hi,

after the appication got installed successfully the DNI checks again every component if it has been installed correctly by its install check routine.
If everything went well the installation_completed message is displayed. Now, if I restart the setup the message is also displayed and the closes or, if I set auto_close_if_installed to false, it opens and everything is installed. This behaviour is reasonable :)
But, I find that it could be useful to differentiate between a successful install and the check if everything is installed and the program is started. The use case for this could be that I want a message box with the installation_completed message displayed after everything got installed correctly and the setup should close. If I restar the setup I would like something like a action that can be taken if everything is installed. Personally I would like to launch a specific MSI (the one I installed earlyer) since it offers things like "modify installation", "repair" and "uninstall". Could this be done or what is your opinion about this?

Regards,
Tom

Apr 13, 2009 at 1:02 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.