Differentiate between successful install and app. installed?

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Hi,

after the appication got installed successfully the DNI checks again every component if it has been installed correctly by its install check routine.
If everything went well the installation_completed message is displayed. Now, if I restart the setup the message is also displayed and the closes or, if I set auto_close_if_installed to false, it opens and everything is installed. This behaviour is reasonable :)
But, I find that it could be useful to differentiate between a successful install and the check if everything is installed and the program is started. The use case for this could be that I want a message box with the installation_completed message displayed after everything got installed correctly and the setup should close. If I restar the setup I would like something like a action that can be taken if everything is installed. Personally I would like to launch a specific MSI (the one I installed earlyer) since it offers things like "modify installation", "repair" and "uninstall". Could this be done or what is your opinion about this?

Regards,
Tom

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.