The EXE does not run in Win 98 SE

Jul 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM

I have tested this in almost all the OS and it seems to run fine but when i try to run this in Win 98 SE the exe thrws an error. I have also tried copying the inicows.dll file with the exe but i still get the same error.

I really appreciate all your help.

Thanks

Prashant Atal.

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2009 at 1:15 PM

What's the error? Can you also please post a log file. Thx.

Jul 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Hello

When I click OK I get the below message:

There is no log file being created. This happens as soon as i launch the exe. I do not see the main window of the DNI.

Regards

Prashant Atal

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Edited Jul 16, 2009 at 10:11 PM

This is a regression in 1.7. Upgrading to Visual Studio 2008 killed it (it puts minimum OS version 5 in the executable PE header), I reverted back and things should be going back to normal now. Fixed in build 1.7.26054.0, let me know if that works for you.

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Sorry for not being clear, i am using 1.6.25361. And i get this error. With 1.7 i have a weird error in Vista. Which i had posted as a bug.

Regards

Prashant Atal

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2009 at 5:21 AM

Take the latest build that I uploaded, 1.7.26133.0. Let me know if you are having any of these problems with it. Note that it no longer requires unicows.dll with your application for Windows 98.

Jul 21, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Thanks a lot it runs but now it gives me this error. Invalid Number 0-2. I used to get this error in Vista but that seems to be fixed now in this version.

The same configuration file works in almost all the Windows i have tested except Win 98. May be you can use the same code that you used for the Vista fix :).

Thanks

Prashant Atal

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Your configuration file still has a version range in one of the checks, which is incorrect. Open configuration.xml and search for "0-2", you'll find it. It should only be the right-hand-side version number. Checks are evaluated only when the component matches the platform, you've corrected all but the Windows 98 one. Hope this helps.

I'll also try to surface a better error message for the whole version being parsed.