Uninstall feature doesn't work

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:13 AM

I tried the unistall feature on build 1.8.5771 but it doesn't seems to work.

Also in many cases is necessary to uninstall in reverse order with respect to install.

My suggestion is to have a dummy MSI so to register the whole package as installed / uninstalled and check for this both from the UI and the command line. I thnk this latter could be simulated with an appropriate config file, but I hadn't time to check.

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Uninstall was implemented to be a reverse-order of install. Can you please post your configuration and a log of uninstall as well as some detail of what you mean by "it doesn't work"? Thx.

Dec 4, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I mean that starting dotNetInstaller.exe with the /x option, I see no UI but the "child programs"  are still installed.

When I run dotNetInstaller.exe without options, the UI say that I'm installing the app, while it's already installed; when the "child installer" runs they find their previous installation and ask for removal.

I'm working with MSI and your tool would be very useful to package all the software stack and patched needed by my team developers'.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Can you post your configuration file and a log from both running with /x and without /x? Thx.