- Added support for executable components with an optional response file and installation directory.
- Added has_value_disabled option to user-defined controls.
- Install, Cancel and Skip buttons now disabled during install/uninstall.
- Added dialog_default_button that specifies the default button for the main dialog (one of cancel, install or skip).
- Added File -> Recent Files menu to Installer Editor that lists the last 10 configuration files opened.
- InstallerEditor window will remember its size, position and the size of the configuration tree and attribute comments.
- InstallerEditor Make Exe window remembers all its contents.
- Added os_filter that behaves like lcid_filter for operating system IDs.
- Replaced os_filter_greater and os_filter_smaller with os_filter_min and os_filter_max that include boundaries and use enumerated values instead of numbers.
- Added show_progress_dialog at setup configuration and component level, controls whether to show the component install progress dialog.
- Added show_cab_dialog at setup configuration and component level, controls whether to show the CAB extraction progress dialog.
- Added user-defined image control.
- Holding the keyboard Control key and double-clicking on a bootstrapper component will install it, regardless of whether the component is selected or not.
- Unicows.dll embedding is now optional. Specify /Mslu+ on the InstallerLinker command line if you plan to run your setup on Windows 95 and 98 platforms.
- Replaced components' selected by selected_install and selected_uninstall.
- Replaced components' required by required_install and required_uninstall.
- Added /ProcessorArchitecture:list to InstallerLinker to link an installer targeting a specific platform architecture.
- Removed configuration-level allow_continue_on_error that confused component logic.
- Added default_allow_continue_on_error to components. Sets the default value of the selection when allow_continue_on_error is set to True. In UI mode, sets the default dialog selection for the prompt. In silent mode allows to continue on failure.
- Added reload_on_error to setup configuration. Controls whether to reload the components list after a component error has occurred. Unlike previous versions, default is set to True.
- Allowing empty failed_exec_command_continue messages. When both the configuration-level and component-level messages are empty, the user is not prompted with a question to continue and the value of default_continue_on_error is used to make the decision to continue or abort.
- Added application compatibility entries for Windows Vista and Windows 7 in the default dotNetInstaller.exe.manifest.
- Bug: user-defined controls that contain a hyperlink, such as license agreement, may render as overlapped black text behind link.
- Bug: mustreboot component option is broken.
- Bug: Windows XP 64-bit incorrectly identified as Windows 2003 Server R2.